The master chef is in the kitchen! Jake is taking over my blog today with his amazing chocolate pudding. All I did was, the taste testing and as the judge I have to say, if you are a chocolate lover you will love these!
150 grams white sugar
400grams dark choc
170grams white sugar
Coco powder to dust ramekins
Salted Caramel Centre
- Sprinkle sugar onto base of pan over medium heat and allow to caramelise into a cola coloured liquid. Add the rest of the sugar and stir to combine. Add cream to the pan along with salt stir to combine and using a thermometer allow sugar to reach 180 degrees Celsius. Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool.
Chocolate Pudding Base
- Place chocolate & butter into a bowl and place over pot of simmering water ensuring the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir mixture constantly until a liquid consistency and well combined.
- Sift flour and sugar into a separate bowl and add to the chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Lastly add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Grease 4-6 ramekins well with butter and cover with coco powder shaking any excess from ramekins.
- Fill the ramekins ¾ full with the pudding base and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Lastly, place the caramel into a piping bag and pipe approximately 1 tablespoon into the centre of each pudding.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream or thick acidophilus yoghurt.